Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Updated: Speaker Phone Princess & Old Glory Blows Again!

I would like to make a slight update to the blog that I wrote on the 22nd about my speakerphone duo, as well as the non-stop sneezing that I encounter on a daily basis.

Dear Speakerphone Princess:
Now, I understand that there are times were we may all have the feeling where we need to use the speaker phone. Why, Michele and I did it the other day when making a combined call to a hiring manager. This is an acceptable time to use your speaker phone. I will not bat an eye, and I will not complain. I totally get it! Today, Michele and I are at my desk truly talking about a situation that was of high importance and was something that was critical for our work, and something that needed to be discussed. Techincally, we could have been unappropriate and yelled over the wall at one another. Or, we could have used speaker phone since everyone around us would likely want to hear our voices in stereo - but instead, we talked at my desk. Low and behold, you decided to look at us and say: "I'm sorry, you need to keep it down." I looked at you and thought to myself are you kidding me!? It is okay for you to have a small party around my cubicle with his co-workers while I am on the phone. It is okay for your group to scream into a speaker phone so I can hear their every word from both angles while I am on the phone. But it is CERTAINLY NOT OKAY for Michele and I have to have a work related convo in my cubicle. In MY space. In MY area. With MY pictures hanging up on my fabric covered walls. I am glad that we are coming to this understanding. I've never complained about you, so let's come to an understanding where our cubicles are only so soundproof.

Dear Old Glory Nose Blower:
Please go to the bathroom and wash your hands after every sneeze. After every blow. Especially after every time you cover your wall with spit and snot. I understand that in winter, your hands are going to become dry from the washing routine. However, Purell does make some amazing hand-santizer that moisturizes as it disinfects. I will be going to Costco this weekend, so if you need some Purell - please let me know. I'd be happy to pick up your first dose of keeping our workplace healthy. Additionally, I can only hope that you are using those tissues that are anti-bacterial as well. If not, again, please consider this for you and the good of all around you.

Thank you for your time,
Becca

1 comment: