Saturday, February 20, 2010

I have cabin fever!

I've lived in Columbus for nearly 15 years now, and have never experienced a winter of so much snow in my life! This winter, we have really been hit hard from every direction with the snow storms. At first, I thought it was just me who was complaining and finding this winter a huge struggle. The more I chatted with people around me, they agree that this winter has sucked! Sitting here on this chilly (but warmer!) Saturday afternoon, all I can think of is going to other places. Not now, nor anytime in the near future - but it had me thinking about all of the places I would love to go to and am waiting to win the mega-millions so I can visit every place on my list.

If we remember back to a very old post from early last year, I have the goal of visiting every single state in the United States. There are obviously some over others that I would visit, but I want to be able to have my imaginary RV Map that I could fill in the state as I go. Wouldn't that be fun!? I look at my Grandparents, and I watch them travel all over from October-May just going wherever they want to go in their RV, or by plane, or by boat... I want that life upon my retirement. (Yep, I'm not even 30 and thinking about retirement!) I want to travel!

A few places that I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go are the following. I am keeping them to five; I don't want to sound like a Foder's Travel Guide. However, these are some places that I would put in my top five places I want to see and explore. I would like to add, that there are other places I could throw into my top 5 that I've already been to - but I am keeping my list fully for places that would be new and that I've never been before.

Washington DC
*In the Springtime

I am pretty sure that I am the last human in the world who wasn't able to explore Washington DC in the 8th grade. I have always felt as if I missed something listening to all of my friends talking about their memories from going with their school. Living out in the West Coast in California at the time, I wasn't lucky enough to go like my mid-westerner buddies. Though, I am sure people might be thinking I should have something else above Washington DC as a destination to visit, I can't help it. I'm a American History major at heart!


Portland, Maine
*Summertime
There is something very intriguing about the state of Maine. I've seen so many picture of the lighthouses, the beaches, and it just makes me wonder why no one goes there more often! It is almost like one of this little hidden treasures that not enough people visit. Looking at pictures, it truly looks like a quaint little state full of little fishing towns. I'd love to go someday and see the sights and enjoy the scenery during the summer time and enjoy their beaches.

Vail, Colorado
*Wintertime
I know, I know - I hate the snow. It's the truth, I do hate the snow. However, for a trip to either Vail or Telluride, Colorado - I'd suffer! Not that I know how to ski, I'd want to learn here. I want to go to a lodge, I want to drink hot chocolate & wine in front of a fireplace, and I want to enjoy being surrounded by snow covered mountains. This will be the only time where I promise I won't complain about the snow and instead would love every moment!

Vermont/New Hampshire
*Falltime
This is by far one of my most important dream places. I would say that this one, and my next listed one are tied for 1st place on which one I want to go to the most. I love them both equally (in my head), and would be equally excited going to either one of them. I don't know where my obsession came into play with Vermont & New Hampshire - but it's a big one. I love Fall, I love colored leaves and I love fall clothes. Therefore; the perfect place for me would be Vermont/New Hampshire in the fall. I want to see the vibrant colors and enjoy the peacefulness of the nature surrounding me. Who wants to go with me?

Napa Valley, California
*Anytime of year
As stated earlier, I lived out in the West Coast for a few years and by West Coast - I mean Sacramento, California. When I lived out that direction, we did visit Napa Valley (as a family) once. However, I was no more than 11 years old and there is no way I could appreciate what was surrounding me at that point. Now, as an adult - I would love to go back and take in everything that Napa has to offer. I am a dedicated fan of wine, vineyards, wineries, and grapes. Napa would absolutely be a place where I would go and love every minute of what the area has to offer. I'll make it there someday.... I know I will.

I will make it to each place someday, I am making a promise to myself that I will achieve these goals. It is something to look forward to; and share the experiences with very special people who surround me. Who wants to go on a roadtrip?

1 comment:

  1. dc in the spring is GORGEOUS! and you can fly into baltimore cheap on southwest, and it's a short drive to the city. do it!!

    also, you should put the mountains of north carolina in the fall on your list...and i'm totally with you on napa!

    ReplyDelete