Saturday, January 2, 2010

364 Days to go...

It is official, I am officially less than 1 year away from being 30 years old. It absolutely amazes me in every aspect to think that I have been on this earth for almost 30 years. I have so much to be thankful for; and continue to cherish the life that I have.

Within the past 29 years, I have learned great things in life that will remain with me forever. Things such as:

1.) Your family will be your largest supporter in life. No matter how many times my sister and I may have said we "hated" one another growing up, she is truly now my best friend. All of those fights that my parents and I had through the years, none of those fights matter anymore. I may have not been the greatest of students with the best of grades, but the life lessons that they taught me through those tough times have made me a dedicated worker, a supportive friend and provided me the idea not to be selfish.

2.) Friends may come and go, but there are a handful that will always like you for who you are. I've had some friends come and go through the years, whether it was a friendship spat or an instance of just growing apart. It's sad that those friendships ended, but there are also times that they ended for a reason. Those people I have in my life at this moment mean the world to me; and they like me for who I am. For these friends; I will never have to be someone who I am not. Whether they are local or long distance: I cherish every moment with them.

3.) Life your life to the fullest, everyday of your life. I have been given a pretty good life, and was fortunate enough to be provided with great memories. I have memories of vacations, family drives, spending the Holidays with family (which wasn't often growing up since majority of my family live in Seattle and we lived in Sacramento/Columbus), or just spending an hour with my Mom grocery shopping - I will remember them all. Because of the exposure to so many great things; it has opened my eyes to the fact I want to do and see everything! Obviously, it will be a challenge - but this will allow me always to have fun, and do what I need to do to make my life positive.

4.) Crying is okay; and always acceptable. Being a girl, I consider myself a pretty emotional person. However, I am not the emotional person who is full of rage and fits. My emotional side truly is a sensitive side. I like watching sappy movies. I like listening to love songs. I love watching the happy ending to a tv show where family members are reunited or when people have taken the plunge to lose 200+lbs. I love these tears!

5.) I have two hometowns: Seattle & Columbus. I often get the question where I am from. It's a hard question really - because I have so many great memories in two states. Born in Seattle, with my family all residing there with a handful of childhood friends, I call this home. Spending 14 years in Columbus, with another set of friends and great memories - this is also home. I often consider moving back to Seattle, and truly think about this everyday. I miss my family. I miss my friends. What would a life be if I moved back West?

In 364 days, I will be 30 years old and will continue to carry these traits that have made me who I am today. I thank my family, my friends and even those not in my life anymore for providing me with the chances to make me who I am today. I am proud of who I am. I am proud of some challenges which I have overcome. I am proud of the professional career I have created and the path I am headed down. I am proud to say that I am a very happy person with the life that I have and look forward to see what lays for me ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment