Monday, December 28, 2009

Kudos to Baucsh & Lomb

Way back in the day, in 5th grade, I was told that I was going blind and needed to wear glasses. Okay, I wasn't going blind - but I was in need of glasses! I remember going to the Optometrist and picking out some SNAZZY green glasses. For all of those folks who remember Sally Jesse Raphel - think of her red glasses, but make them green. Pretty! I spent the next 5 years wearing glasses. Finally by the time high school rolled around; I was done! Glasses get dirty. Glasses ruin pictures. Glasses make you look studious (we can all agree; I was certainly not that person!). For my birthday, my parents made me an appointment to get contacts. This might have been the most exciting birthday present so far up to this point.

Upon being fitted for my contacts; I left proud knowing that my new contacts were being ordered and I was on my way to being a new girl. My contacts came in; and I went straight to the bathroom and spent the next 30 minutes attempting to put a contact in just one eye. Yes, you read that right. It took me forever to get the hang of the perfect technique to touching my own eye ball and popping on my new vision.

I've switched contact solutions since then, let's face it - they all do the exact same thing. I'd really just get whatever was on sale and the best bargin. The biggest headache: not really being able to see how much solution you truly had left. Shaking the bottle, you think - okay, I have enough for one more night. Squeeeeeze it into the holder - you get 1/2 a holder. Darn it! Wouldn't it be amazing if you could actually see how much solution you truly had left and when you were in dire needs of going to the store and picking up a new bottle?

(Drum Roll, please)

THANK YOU, BAUSCH & LOMB! You have officially made my life easier; and I can SEE in the bottle now how much solution is left! It officially took a company a million years to come up with this concept! I'm happy to announce: I am now an advocate for Re-Nu Fresh drops! No more generic. No more Opti-Free. No more Complete Multi-Purpose. HELLLOOOOO RE-NU!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I totally NEVER use solution because I NEVER take my contacts out. I used drop my jaw whenever I heard other people say they do that but it works! It's the best thing I've ever done. It's like I don't even remember I have contacts. When I used to take them out and clean them, they used to get stuff in them at least once a week. But now? I NEVER get anything in my eye. I seriously forget about them. And next on my list? Colored contacts. But I don't feel like I can until I get through my 6 month supply. You know, the one I bought a year and a half ago. I'm only on my second pair. Is that bad??

    ReplyDelete