Friday, December 18, 2009

My Happy Place

A few years ago, I was provided a deal from a friend that I didn't have to think long and hard about - and went with my gut and agreed. At the time, I was a constant babysitter and was always running around to different families and watching some very special children. One of those families, The Dunsmore's. I love the Dunsmore Family. I love them for various reasons, but I love them even more for offering me a piece of furniture if I would babysit for free a time or two. Finding out which piece of furniture it was, I was so happy I couldn't even see straight.


Everyone: Meet my red chair. Red Chair, meet everyone! This is my red chair, and this is a big part of my happiness in life! I know, it sounds silly - but it's true! Let me give you the Top 10 Reasons as to why this amazing piece of furniture makes me happy.

10.) It's from the Dunsmore's; and what isn't to love about the Dunsmore's!? It provides me with a memory of this fantastic family since they moved to Alabama and oh how I miss those boys! (Joe & Sheryl too!) **Did I mention that my little piece of heaven was free?**
9.) I bought a brand new table when I moved into my apartment over a year ago. I have yet to eat at my table but instead my ottoman is a GREAT table for my meals.
8.) The view to the tv is FANTASTIC from my chair. I mean, I cannot explain how clear Ellen is when I watch her show that is DVR'd daily. (She's giving a Beatles Library right now that I am pretty sure my Dad needs for Christmas).
7.) Looking up: the heat vent. Ahhhhh, yes!
6.) IF I took naps, this would be the place I'd sleep! I can remember one time when I spent all night in the ER due to the ever famous gall bladder attacks. The next day was horrible; and I was truly exhausted from the pain pills they prescribed me. This red chair was the best nap I've EVER taken in my life. I can stretch out. I can hang my legs over the arms. I can sit back and let my head and drool fall.
5.) Directly to the left corner on the floor sits my: "Grandma Basket." This is the basket that once was the perfect place to keep my Christmas Card supplies during the Holiday Season, but has accumulated various other things to keep me occupied, or to promote laziness. In the basket you can find: markers, cds, address book, and some random cords (all important!). I really think it's missing yarn and my ability to knit.
4.) It's formed to my body. I can sit down and essentially melt into the fabric and into the same place that I sit when I sit here. (Yes, I am sitting here right now. Surprised?)
3.) I can view my sister's beautiful face in the corner of her green couch directly across from me. She can see me, I can see her - and guess what - we are both comfortable. She typically falls asleep in her spot around 8pm. (Shhhh, she's sleeping there at the moment!)
2.) It is equal distance to the fridge for my stock of Diet Coke, as to the bathroom when the Diet Coke goes through me.
1.) No matter how bad a day I could have, coming home to my red chair - it doesn't judge me, it doesn't speak ill of me, and instead loves me for who I am! I can sit, watch tv, and cry watching a sappy show and my chair will always love me the same! My red chair is my happy place, hands down!

Don't you wish you had a happy place like mine?

1 comment:

  1. What am I doing getting a bedroom set? I need a red chair of my own!!!

    ReplyDelete