Saturday, December 26, 2009

I MUST Have Been Good This Year!

I love Christmas, but I mean - who does?! Christmas is all about spending time with your family and continuing family traditions which have been in your family for years! Christmas also means that it is the deciding factor if you have been good or naughty through the year. I always thought of myself as being on the "good list," but certainly understand that some years in my past were questionable. This year, Santa proved himself to be amazing as ever and virtually gave me everything that was on my list! I cannot tell you any of my past years where this has happened! My favorite gifts (in no particular order!) are as follows:

Heating Mattress Pad: no chance is showing you a picture, because let's face it - it's not that exciting! But, for this girl who is always shivering when she gets in bed and loves being covered by blankets - I didn't want an electric blanket. I just wanted a electric mattress pad to sleep on top of. How amazing does that sound!? I cannot wait to put it on my bed!

From my Little Sister: All I wanted was a new Estee Lauder Eyeliner. Just one would have been fine. I love my black eyeliner that my Mom had given me a while back and honestly became my favorite brand. So, on my list - one little stick of eyeliner. To my surprirse, I open up a big box that says Estee Lauder on it and it is ALL of this! 4 lipsticks (which I will NEVER use and will go to my Mom for Mother's Day. ha ha), eyelash primer, mascara, 15 eye shadows, 3 blushes, eye makeup remover, a few makeup brushes, a luggage case, makeup carrier AND THREE EYE LINERS!! Whhhat?! I love my sister.

Again, from my Little Sister: I walked into the Gap a few weeks ago and saw this scarf. I saw it, but really needed to focus on being myself some work pants and/or shirts NOT a scarf for myself. After going home, I realized that someone needed that scarf and I would buy it for someone for Christmas. When I went back to the Gap, it was gone. Every Gap in Columbus, sold out. I went to Cleveland and I was too lazy to check the Gap in Hudson... so I just let it go. Honestly, I say I wanted it for someone else - but I would have kept it for myself. Shhh! Low and behold, I open up a box and BAM! There it is! The amazingly soft purple and gray Blanket Scarf from the Gap! My sister was on the verge of beating me because everytime I was with her - I wanted to go and buy it. I almost bought it, but something told me not to buy it. Thankfully, I didn't! Isn't she pretty!?
Once again, from my sister: she gets mad at me year after year after year because she claims I always make her look bad with the gifts I buy her. I tend to spend the most on her, but no where do I expect her to spend the same amount or near it on me! I will say - this year, she did great! She knows I am big on my cooking lately, and to follow my makeup and scarf - she bought me a few kitchen items would I cannot WAIT to use! My favorite: The Martha Stewart 5-Piece Grating Set! It has 3 different types of graters! I can slice, I can shread or I can grate and it all goes into a handy dandy little container with cup measurements on the side. Ohhhh-- ahhhh!!

Seriously, just when I think my Christmas cannot get any better - this little baby comes out of a box. My Kenmore Elite Standing Mixer. YAYYY, SANTA! (Cough, Cough - Mom & Dad!). I am beginning to think with all of the cooking and baking I've been getting into - Recruiting isn't my calling and I should open up a restaurant or bakery! I am sooo excited to get using my mixer and am still determining what would be the best thing to make to start off with!

Thank you, Santa for making all of my wishes come true!! I promise that in 2010, I will be a good girl again so you can bring me everything on that list too!


2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! How fun is this post?!? Such a great Christmas for you! LOVE the makeup and the scarf and the mixer!!!

    ReplyDelete