Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dream Jeans

2006 was a very important year! I can count various things that happened within the year.

  • I graduated from Ohio State with a Humanities degree.
  • I started working at Cardinal Health.
  • I moved in with a roommate, to move right back out back home due to personal life differences.
  • I had a fight with one of my best friends, but made up pretty quick because we both realized that we cherished our friendship WAY too much to not speak any longer.
  • I met a fantastic co-worker named Jen, who I got along with SO well and we always had a great time during interview days.
  • I went shopping with my pal, Jen and bought these...
*My Dream Jeans*

Walking around Tuttle Mall, I ended up in one of my favorite stores - Banana Republic. I remember buying a pair of work pants during this trip - which the seamstress I took them too hemmed them too short and I could only wear them with flats. I also found these jeans on the sale rack. At the time, they were too small. I knew I was eating better during that time and knew that soon I could fit into these jeans soon if I bought them.

Fast forward to January 2010 - I've just almost fit into these pants prior to my gall bladder surgery and past that, the diet went straight down hill from there! I've used the past few months as a time to test the waters and if foods that would cause pain before was actually something I could eat now. Good news is: I can eat almost anything and the experiment now needs to end and I need to focus back on eating good again.

January 4th, 2010: Good bye Taco Bell, Good bye Pizza Hut & Good bye Raising Cane's. I am bound and determined that 2010 will be the year that I finally fit into my dream jeans! You can still see that tag coming from the pants... these pants are now visible and are hanging in my bathroom at all times to remind myself of my goal.To keep me honest, I am going to start blogging some great healthy recipes that I come across and cook. I will share them with my friends and family and hope that you all enjoy my upcoming recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment