Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Seeing the World - Thelma & Louise Style

I have a dream, I have a big dream (not as important as Martin Luther King, Jr. but BIG!). I see my grandparents travel the world on retirement, and I am not that patient. I do not have the patience to wait until I retire, I want to see the world now! Honestly, I'd settle for staying within the United States boarder, for now. I have a massive list of places I want to visit, and hope that someday I can see everyone of them! I have Rohlman blood in me, and those Rohlman's LOVE to travel. My sister and I cannot sit still long enough in one place. We love to be out and about, seeing things, trying things and having fun!

Courtney and I (cough, cough - Louise and I) both have the travel bug. She was lucky enough to travel to Ireland last year and escape outside the country boarders. We have big dreams and have a list of places we want to go! Obviously, her being the professional photographer - and me being just a girl who loves her camera and seeing sights and experiences (safe) adventures, the list we have is massive! Plane, Train, or Automobile - I am good with any of the options. I've done them all, and would do them all again. We've complied a list of places to go, with things to see - and we expect to accomplish them all before we kick the bucket. Of course, my little sister will have to come with us... because no trip is complete with her serenading me in the car!


*Yes, this is a picture of Courtney and I photoshopped to be Thelma & Louise!*

Is being 28 yrs old too young to purchase an RV? I think that I would look good cruising down the road in a Winnebago, don't you think?

Places we want to go, sights we want to see:
*Napa Valley, California: being that both of us are heavy into loving wine, this is an absolute MUST! I did it once as a kid when I lived in California, but I was no where hear old enough to appreciate it.

*Vermont/New Hampshire, for Autumn Foliage: I love fall. I love changing trees. I love jeans & sweatshirts! I want to experience the beauty of seeing the magical orange, reds & yellows and eat some maple candy while I am at it!

*Aspen/Telluride, Colorado: I have been skiing once, and it scared the ever living you-know-what out of me. I want to go to a ski resort and try this again! Nothing seems more relaxing than a snowy night around a fireplace.

*New York City, for New York Fashion Week: Duh. I am a HUGE fan of Project Runway; and every season finale wish I could be at NY Fashion Week to see Runway Shows. This is a must, and my lovely sister, and my dear cousin Rhiannon will accompany us. For a photographer like Courtney, this would be an absolute dream! (It may not be this trip; though I want to take a train to NYC to experience a fun train ride on Amtrak!)

*Boston, Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket, Massachusetts: I want to pretend to be a Kennedy and hang out on the beach with the sights of a small nautical town surrounding me. I want to feel fancy!

*Washington DC: I wasn't lucky enough to go on an 8th grade trip to Washington DC like the rest of my classmates from Ohio. I still lived in California at this point; and we didn't make this trip. Being a girl who truly loves history, and politics (to a point...), I want to experience the trip! My sister has named me the "Democratic Dragon," and I would like to uphold my title by meeting our current President and Secretary of State. (Yah, right!)



I have a list of accomplished states, and I have successfully been to around 22 states. That's not enough! I want more! I want to jump in my car and just drive. If I had a convertible, I would want the wind to blow in my hair. However, since my Santa Fe has a roof and there is no shot of cutting off the top of my car, the windows down will have to do. Put the iPod on shuffle, blast the radio and just drive!
If I win the lotto - you better believe that I am going to live this dream! I will be riding in my new Winnebago (there are some trips that deserve a car ride to see every single sight) and I will hire someone to drive me. If I am a millionaire, I will drive only if I choose to. I will also travel internationally and I will see the whole world! Well, not the WHOLE world - because there are some places that obviously are not as interesting as others. However, the most important place for me to visit over seas is London, England. I want to walk the streets of Kensington, go to Harrod's, ride the Tube, and meet every member of the Royal Family. I am jealous of my sister who was able to go study abroad - and her stories are amazing! I want her to be my tour guide there. I am ready to retire, I am ready to see the world, and am no doubt ready to run on the beach on the coast of Maine to stand on the very tip of the United States of America!

1 comment:

  1. England sucks! I went there and it was a huge waste of money! And Harrod's is the biggest let-down. Don't get too excited.

    WOW. I'm a Debbie Downer today. Sorry. It's work...

    ReplyDelete