Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's the History Dork in Me

Many of you may or may not be aware that when I graduated from Ohio State, I did not get a degree in Business or Human Resources - regardless of what you may think since I do seem to enjoy my job and all aspects of it! Instead, I went the route that very few people take to study because most find it to be painfully boring. Not this girl - this girl finds it interesting and down right exciting! That's right my friends, my major was American History. (Boo's and Hisses can be inserted here if you must!)

All through my educational career, nothing excited me more than History. Cultural History, Religious History, World History, American History - it is all very exciting to me. I think a lot if has to do with my love for travel too and my burning desire to go work for the Travel Channel. In my ideal world, I'd work for the History Channel half the time, and the Travel Channel the other half of the time.

American History is probably my favorite area of History to study. Think about it - The Salem Witch Trails, The California Gold Rush, The Boston Tea Party, World War II, Nixon & Watergate... it all is super fantastic and gets me all excited. So imagine my surprise and excitement when I saw the preview for this:

That's right my friends, a mini series on our American History! It is by far the BEST series I've seen with the background to our country and the history behind it. Although the series is not over, I cannot wait to buy the video to keep as my own! (...and you thought that I wasn't a dork... Proved you wrong!)

What makes me laugh is I thought that I was the only one who was into History as much as I am, which I know that I get this from my Dad. He was always into History, as well as my Grandpa Jack. However, in doing some conversing with my dear cousins - I found two more History Dorks in the Warren Gene pool that too were excited not only for the series but who also watch some shoes on the channel for fun! I won't even lie, American Pickers is one of the best shows on the channel! Two guys driving the United States looking through people's crap, and finding a sign someone bought for $5 and turning around and finding out it is actually worth $5,000. Don't even lie - that is exciting! Wonder if I have anything laying around that I could have them come and sell from me... do you think that they would put an offer on a Coach Purse?

1 comment:

  1. I never knew that about you! That is so interesting! I will have to check it out!

    P.S. You posted! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete