Sunday, October 18, 2009

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Since the unfortunate passing of Michael Jackson, my dear friend has continued to mourn his loss and scratch her head as to why the world lost a soft soul so early in life. To show her support, she has purchased every DVD, every CD, every (positive) book ever written about the King of Pop. She is truly a knowledge of wisdom when it comes to this topic. Last year, Twilight, this year - Michael Jackson. Those around Courtney E. Scott will never forget him and will continue to be reminded of his talents.

Growing up, I am sad to say that I wasn't the biggest Michael Jackson fan (though I did like him and enjoy his tunes), I was a supporter of his sister, Janet. I purchased the cds, I watched her videos, and let's face it - I even had her cassette tapes. I remember in middle school, sitting in my room rocking out to Rhythm Nation. I remember in high school listening to If and Velvet Rope. I also remember "attempting" to bust a move (behind closed doors of course) to dance like Janet.

Combined with my liking for Janet, and Courtney's liking for Michael and watching the video and listening to Scream, over and over and over again - we came up with the most brilliant of ideas.

Next year for our Halloween Costumes, we will be Michael and Janet and will dance their dance. (Granted, I can speak for myself when I say that hopefully by attempting to dance and make a complete idiot of myself in my living room - I will drop enough poundage to look decent enough not to look like a slug in my up coming pleather pants!) Courtney and I have been amazingly good friends for years, and what is a better costume than combining her love for Michael, and my love for Janet?! Thankfully, Halloween is still over a year away so we have plenty of time to jump around and dance.

When Janet did her tribute for Michael at the VMAs, I watched her in awe. Her ability to dance is truly amazing, and I am envious of her talent. I watch her in all of her videos, and I honestly wonder if there is a dance teacher out there who would be willing to teach me to bust a move. Weird, right? At this point, I am honestly thinking that this could result in my 2010 New Years Resolution. If you know anyone in Columbus willing to teach this slug to dance like Janet, please give me a call!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

1 comment:

  1. we did a dance to "nasty boys" in college for greek week and stole some of her original choreography! it's hard...but i maaaay be able to help. if i remember it. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete