Friday, September 4, 2009

Times Square Dublin or Times Square NYC?

Many years ago, a new and fresh apartment style living was brought to Dublin, Ohio. The first time I remember hearing of these cool new apartments were when Edwards Communities built a new complex called Times Square. It was being built right behind Tuttle Mall, which is appealing in itself that you can over look the mall from your front door! What was more eye catching were the adorable little store fronts that are visible from the main road. Obviously, it is nothing like the real NYC Times Square, but has a fun little atmosphere!

When Kate and I decided to take the plunge and be roomies, we decided that it was only natural that we tour and look at the complex for the possibility of calling it home. We toured the complex, fell in love with the complex, and jumped onto getting on the guest list. The location was fantastic for the both of us to commute to work. It was a tad more pricey that we truly wanted to spend, but from all the money we saved from commuting from Delaware to Dublin daily - we were saving a lot on gas money.

We found our "luxury" (I use the quotations because my idea of luxury will be obviously different than other peoples!) on the 3rd floor. High ceilings. Big rooms. It is honestly the perfect set up for 2 roommates. I mean look at the view from our patio - it's beautiful during the Spring & Summer!
Another great thing about our complex is the noise level. My floors do not bump with the music in the middle of the night. My walls do not shake from people yelling next door to me. Additionally, my neighbors are quiet. Regardless that I am pretty sure that the people below us throw each other up against the wall or something. Either that, or they fall down a lot! Lots of "thuds" to be heard. Small price to pay! I am very proud of my complex, and truly love living here.

Speaking of neighbors, we have 2 new sets.

To the right of our door: A young couple who look as if one of them is a doctor (wearing scrubs gives it away), and possibly just newly married. I wouldn't really know because they hide in their apartment and I think are night owls or something! Our new lovely neighbors must have a problem with their backs. I say this for the reason that about 3 weeks ago, we all received new phonebooks. The phonebooks were placed by our doors - and obviously there for us to take and utilize. My neighbors continue to walk by daily and essentially just walk over the bag and into their house. I know that they are alive, and I know that they leave! I've seen them! What do they have against this poor phonebook that just wants to have a home and not be homeless forever!? They must have a medical condition that makes it impossible for them to bend at the waste, and pick up a little orange bag.

Our neighbors on the left are also very private people. I know that he drives a black BMW and has used window paint in his car to say: Go Buks! Which - has been there since he moved in a few months ago. (Window paint should probably come with spell check for the "Buks.")

This neighbor must REALLY like to paint. I came home from a small roadtrip this weekend to an adorable home-made welcome mat in front of his door! Please take a look and enjoy the world's best welcome mat!

*Call me crazy, but I am not so sure that Kenny Chesney would be too proud to have his song lyrics on something so incredibly tacky!*

Clearly, my Times Square is no where near the sophistication of NYC. However, I love Dublin, I love having my own bathroom, I love my room, I love my daily commute to work, and even more importantly - I love my sister who quite possibly is the best roomie in the entire world!! How did I get so lucky with her!?

2 comments:

  1. So can I admit I have a yellow phonebook on my front porch I have yet to pick up???? Although- I do go through the garage door and rarely use the front door. :) Love the door mat!!! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so okay with you not picking up your phonebook because you do not walk over it everyday to walk into your main door! Since you have a garage, you are exempt from me making fun of you! :)

    ReplyDelete