Monday, January 24, 2011

Floating into a New Years Resolution...

January, the dreaded month of Resolutions! Where many people look forward to January and to see what is going to come up in the upcoming year, other dread the commitments that we promise ourselves to do.

This year, my Resolutions are simple. Well, they are easier than what I have established for myself in the past - so I think that this year I can hang tight with my promises to myself and keep them going.
Becca's two resolutions are:
  • Read more books, seriously. I am the queen of the "boob tube," and could literally sit and watch tv all day long and ever get tired of it. I broke my Mom's heart by not becoming a "reader." My Mom is the type of person who can read 5 books at any given time, and remember every single word she read. Because of this, my Mom is literally like the smartest person I know. She knows EVERYTHING! Therefore, I have atleast 2 1/2 books right now with my name on them that I hope to turn off the reality TV for a few minutes read sooner than later!
  • Drink more WATER! Anyone who knows me, knows I am an addict of Diet Coke. Is it good for me? Heck no. Is it wonderful and does it get me through the day? Heck yes! I am not a coffee drinker. I am not a tea drinker. I am a Diet Coke-aholic. It's okay, I can admit it!
My resolution for water seems silly, but this is a big deal for me. I have begun my journey into flavored waters. Fun waters will keep the water resolution exciting, and will have something other than just my Brita filter.

The first stop of my quest for the best water began while in Seattle over Christmas. I was walking through the store and found a drink that I thought I would give a try. It's a Sparking Water with juice for only 2 calories. I bought a few flavors, and decided to give them a whirl. Cascade Ice, ohhh myyy! It has the sparkle. It has flavor, lots-o-flavors, and only has 2 calories! I loaded up on all of the flavors during my trip, but found Watermelon Blueberry to be one of my absolute favorites!

My dilemma: they don't sell it in Columbus! Don't fret, I have found that they have an online store and I get get packs of 12 delivered to my house with free shipping ALWAYS! This week, I should be expecting a box of 24 bottles delivered to my front step. Everyday, I speed home and hope that today is the day it arrived... I'm still waiting...

The next type of water that I've bought is called, Twist. I actually came across this one (and the next one) on my quest to find Cascade Ice in Columbus (every time I walk into a grocery store, I just to see if they have it.... just in case!). Now, Twist comes in fewer different flavors but I have to say of the ones that I tried, Wild Strawberry is my favorite. The only down side to this water (which has nectar in it), it has a few more calories. 9 calories per serving. However, it is still a better option than some other things I can chose to drink!

Lastly, this water came to me by a fluke. While my sister and I were floating around Seattle a day by ourselves, we stopped at a local Starbucks on Lake Washington to go to the bathroom. Because we didn't want to look cheap, we each decided to buy something while we were there. I was beginning my quest to enjoy water, I found a water called Hint. Hint has a few more flavors than Twist does, but I haven't tried all of them just yet. I picked up 6 different flavors at Whole Foods yesterday, and am very anxious to try them all! They will be packed in my lunchbox through the work week and I will have a new flavor to try everyday this week. I will say, the Blackberry is fantastic! It has a "hint" of flavor to it, is not overwhelming and doesn't taste like watered down Kool-Aid. It is more water than anything, and is very refreshing!

Here is floating away into 2011 and to my kidney's enjoying a change of something other than Diet Coke! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becca, I work on behalf of Cascade Ice -- I'm so glad to hear you love it. I'd like to send you some additional product...do you mind sending me your email address so that I can get in touch with you directly? Thank you, ~April B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April! I cannot believe you found my blog! I am hoping that you check back to my blog for my email address as I am not sure how to get it best to you since I could not click on the link to view your profile! My email address is: rebeccacwarren@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete