Monday, November 2, 2009

The Green Dilemma

Recently, my sister decided that she wanted to redecorate her bathroom. On the search with her to find the "perfect shower curtain," I got to thinking that I might want to visit the idea of possibly getting new bedding. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my current bedding and the way it looks (when my bed is actually made). However, it is annoying. I have a queen duvet, and the insert of the duvet is stupid and doesn't actually fit in the duvet. It is too small, where the duvet cover is too big. I have a queen bed, and the queen/full inserts are just way too small. I thought it was the duvet, until I realized that it is actually all of the inserts I've spent money on. So, now on my bed is plain white insert as a comforter with my cover in a wadded ball in the corner of my closet. My new thought: I need a comforter with print, rather than going to the duvet route one more time in being disappointed or annoyed a few months into having it.

This is the bedding I currently "have." It is the print on the cover (when I use it), and 4 of my pillows, and sheets. It is a great print and I love it! I loved it sooo much that I bought the matching shower curtain which currently hangs in my bathroom.

When I moved into my apartment, I was so nicely provided with a hand-me down lamp from my Mom which was nice but didn't go with the decor. One day, I was walking through Marshall's and found a lamp which I thought would go perfectly with my room! I took a big risk in buying it, with the possibility that I would have to return it from it being too much green and leaves. But, looking at it - I love it more and more everyday. I don't ever want to lose this lamp, so I must decorate my room around it!

On the search for the "perfect shower curtain" with Kate, I ran into this bedding. I thought - now that might go well with my lamp. The euro pillows they have in the back is actually the same green that I currently have as shams with my current bedding, so I am thinking that would go well!


What do we think, friends? Does this bedding match my lamp enough for me to buy it? I take my blankets very seriously and this one is no different. I am the girl that in the winter literally has 6 or 7 blankets on my bed, to go along with my chamois soft sheets. Even in the summer, you can find me bundled up with 2 or 3. I love blankets!!

2 comments:

  1. yes, i think they match perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YeS!!! It looks better with your lamp than the old one! I love love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete